GC Parcel Express offers insurance cover, which protects your goods during shipment for up to a maximum value of £2000.
If you are sending items of great value or importance to you, we strongly recommend that you take out additional insurance.
The information below outlines the terms and conditions of our insurance policy. Please take care to read the policy in full.
Insurance Terms & Conditions
Our insurance terms and conditions cover the below points:
- What cover will my consignment have?
- How is the cost of my premium calculated?
- What items cannot be insured?
- How do I purchase insurance?
- How do I make a claim?
- What cover will my consignment have?
Our cover protects you against loss or damage of your consignment in transit, up to the maximum value declared in your
policy, provided that you satisfy the conditions of making a claim.
Our insurance does not give cover for losses incurred by delay.
2. How is the cost of my premium calculated?
All consignments are covered free of charge for loss or damage for up to a maximum of £50 per consignment (not per box).
For consignments worth £50-250, the minimum premium of £5 applies.
The maximum value of cover we provide is £2000 per consignment.
For consignments worth £250-£2000, the premium is calculated at 2% of the declared value of your consignment.
The declared value is not displayed on the air waybill and, where applicable, should not affect the declared value for
Please note; insurance cover is only refundable up until the shipment has been collected.
3. What items cannot be insured?
Your cover will not be valid if you are sending anything featured on our of Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited list, or No
Compensation list. No Compensation goods are items that can be sent, but that we cannot cover against loss and/or damage.
Can be covered against loss, but cannot be covered against damage:
- Pottery and ceramics-including plaster and china, figurines, and statuettes.
- Glass-including any item containing glass.
- LCD screens/computer monitors.
- Original works of art.
- Liquids-including alcohol.
Cannot be covered against loss or damage:
Data-whether on discs, tapes, memory cards or any other storage device.
Please check this list to ensure that your items can be covered. If you are unsure of whether or not your goods will be
covered, please contact us directly on 01932 771408 (Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00pm). It is your responsibility to ensure that your
items can be covered.
4. How do I purchase insurance?
Our insurance is available for purchase during the booking process.
You will be asked to enter the amount you wish to insure your shipment for. The cost will be calculated, and you can add this
to your order before proceeding.
5. How do I make a claim?
Claims can be made by calling us on 01932 771408 (Monday-Friday 9:00am-5pm) in the first instance.
- Claims must be made directly to GC Parcel Express; any attempt to claim with the carrier directly will invalidate your
claim with us.
- The person can only make a claim or company contracted with GC Parcel Express, that is, the account holder, not the receiver.
- A claim for lost or damaged goods will be rejected if the items claimed for are missing from the original valued customs invoice or
if the items claimed for are on our list of Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited, or No Compensation items.
For damaged goods
You must contact us to make a claim within 14 days of delivery, including the day of delivery. Both the damaged item(s) and
packaging must be kept for inspection and not moved and the items must not be tampered with or repaired prior to
inspection. In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A photograph of the damaged item(s) along with the packaging.
- Evidence that your consignment was suitably packaged– please see our packaging guidelines for advice on what
constitutes appropriate packaging. We advise you to take photographs of the packaging of your parcel before it is sent,
but photographs from the receiver once the parcel has been delivered will also be considered.
- A copy of the delivery note signed damaged or unchecked? (Please not that we will reject any claim where the
goods have been signed for In Good Condition)
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must be your cost
price and not your sales price; only the replacement value or repair of the goods will be paid.
- A repair quote or invoice/receipt for replacement parts if applicable.
In the event of a full settlement for damaged goods, the goods become the property of GC Parcel Express and we reserve the right to
For lost goods
A claim can only be undertaken once the Carrier has declared the goods to be “lost”. You must contact us within 14 days of
the carrier having declared the goods to be lost.
In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A copy of the air waybill or consignment note singed by the driver on collection of your goods.
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must be your
cost price and not your sales price; only the replacement value or repair of the goods will be paid.
We aim to process all claims as quickly as possible. Once we have received all relevant documentation and evidence, we endeavour to make you an offer within 2-3 working days. Once the offer is accepted, we process payments via BACS within 5 working days.